2 - South Stair Hall
Part of the house’s original construction (c. 1682), this section of the house was the main entrance of the building until the North wing was added sometime in the mid-18th century. This area was renovated by Frederick Philipse II sometime between the 1720s and 1740s when he expanded the original structure to serve as a country home. The staircase is in the English Georgian style of that period.
A- Dutch Door